Virtual Information Sessions / Tours
As the health, safety, and well-being of students and staff is a top priority, Sherwood Heights School is following a regular school day with strict guidelines and / or online, based on the advice of health authorities.
Please find below additional details with regards to the regular school day with strict guidelines scenario:
Sherwood Heights will continue to be well prepared and at the forefront of schools in delivering a strong academic programme.
- Sherwood Heights has capped all class sizes to meet the ministry’s maximum allowable number of students per class and at the same time permit students to attend school daily.
- The enhanced strict protocols will impact many areas of the normal school routine, including morning schedule, dismissal, assemblies, the before/after-care programme, busing, clubs, sports teams, etc. The school will only be able to offer activities and/or services it deems safe.
- Parent access to the school building will be limited, instead parent/teacher communication will take place through online means.
- Procedures for hand washing, hand sanitizing, disinfecting common areas, the use of masks, etc.
- Through the school's K-12 digital learning platform, the students continue to stay engaged and focused,
follow their academic timetable, complete the school's comprehensive curriculum, listen to teacher directed instruction,
participate in group discussions and activities, complete independent work, and prepare for and write assessments.
Sherwood Heights School is an extraordinary place. One will meet students that pursue academic proficiency, compete on our athletic fields, perform on our stages, and develop personal excellence to be valued members of our community.
We offer you the invitation to join this vibrant community by calling the Admissions Office at 905-569-8999 for our Erin Mills Campus or 905-712-4343 for our Kennedy Campus.